Begin by dampening the area with water. Repair superficial damage by applying a layer of concrete patch with a mason’s trowel. For structural damage, put the concrete mix over the holes or damaged areas with a square head shovel. Fill the holes and smooth the surface with a trowel.
How to Fix Cement Stairs?
Cement stairs can be a great addition to any home or building, but can become worn and damaged over time. While replacing the stairs entirely can be quite expensive, there are some simple steps you can take to fix cement stairs and make them look as good as new. Here’s how to fix cement stairs, no matter the level of damage.
1. Gather your materials. To fix cement stairs, you will need the following: a putty knife, a hammer, a chisel, a wire brush, a masonry grindstone, a masonry patching compound, an epoxy patching compound, and a dust mask.
2. Clean the stairs. Use the wire brush to remove any loose material, dirt, and debris from the stairs.
3. Inspect the stairs. Look closely at the stairs and identify any cracks, holes, or other damage.
4. Remove any damaged material. Use the chisel and hammer to remove any broken or damaged material.
5. Smooth the surface. Use the grindstone to smooth the surface of the stairs.
6. Apply the masonry patching compound. Mix the masonry patching compound and fill any cracks or holes that are present.